NES is looking for Executive Committee Members who are devoted to the Ethical Culture Movement and are interested in sharing their skills to actively support our efforts in peace building, human rights, education, equality, environmentalism, and ethical living.
The National Ethical Service (NES) is a non-governmental organization that represents Ethical Culture at the United Nations (UN). We celebrate the transcendent possibility in ethical culture through the practice of ethical behavior and joyful engagement in community life. We dedicate ourselves to promoting and enhancing the highest principles at the United Nations, the American Ethical Union (AEU), and the Culture of Peace worldwide; and we strive to promote global citizenship.
• Bring your passion and skills to support the NES mission
• Support fundraising campaigns and encourage donors
• Develop content for NES website, Facebook page, and AEU Dialogue articles
• Attend at least four NES meetings a year
• Report to Executive Committee on activities (attending events, meetings, projects, etc.)
• Develop clear information about UN initiatives to provide to Ethical Societies
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Member of AEU with demonstrated devotion to the Ethical Culture Movement
• Knowledgeable of the United Nations
• Leadership experience in other organizations on a Board level
• Willingness and availability to participate in work of NES & RLW Fund
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.) and email
• Strong communications and problem-solving skills
• Fluency in spoken and written English
• Personable and diplomatic demeanor
HOW TO APPLY
With subject line “Executive Committee Member”; email firstname.lastname@example.org your bio and a statement of interest telling us about any experience that might be relevant to NES and why you are interested in joining the executive committee.