NES is looking for a Youth Intern who is tech-savvy, highly organized, and personable. The individual should be passionate and interested in learning more about some of our efforts in peace building, human rights, education, equality, environmentalism, and ethical living.
The National Ethical Service (NES) is a non-governmental organization that represents Ethical Culture at the United Nations (UN). We celebrate the transcendent possibility in ethical culture through the practice of ethical behavior and joyful engagement in community life. We dedicate ourselves to promoting and enhancing the highest principles at the United Nations, the American Ethical Union (AEU), and the Culture of Peace worldwide; and we strive to promote global citizenship.
NES will develop a customized and mutually agreed upon work plan with the intern that will assist our mission and strengthen his/her skill set. Tasks may include:
• Write and post content to the NES website and Facebook page
• Attend UN meetings and report back to Executive Committee
• Assist with administrative tasks (i.e. phone calls, scanning, copying, spreadsheets)
• Develop clear information about UN initiatives to provide to Ethical Societies
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Must be 16-24 years old and in school or have at least a high school education
• Knowledgeable of Ethical Culture and the United Nations
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Internet research
• Strong communications and problem-solving skills
• Fluency in spoken and written English
• Experience with MailChimp, WordPress, and Facebook preferred
As the internship progresses, there will be opportunities to get more involved with the Ethical Societies, the UN, and international youth-related public events. The intern may be invited to become a Youth Representative for NES at the UN and receive a yearly UN Grounds Pass, which allows access to the UN Headquarters, in New York.
HOW TO APPLY
With subject line “Youth Intern”; email email@example.com a resume and a personal statement (1-2 paragraphs) on why you are interested in the position. Please include in your email when you would be able to start internship and if you will be seeking educational credit.